The New England Pirate Museum
1. Find the term that is another name for a pirate's flag.
2. Find the other name for Edward Teach.
3. Find the word that means short, curved sword.
4. Find another name for a ship's freight.
5. Find the name for a magnetic device used to measure direction.
6. Find the term that means a "legal" pirate operating with his government's permission.
7.Find the word that means a revolt by a ship's crew.
8. Find the name of a small lookout platform near the top of a ship's mast.
9. Find the word that means to abandon on a desert island.
10. Find two words that mean to rob or seize by force
pirate privateer buccaneer mariner Blackbeard Captain Kidd merchant ship vessel galleon port cargo booty bounty loot plunder Whydah pieces of eight cutlass mutiny maroon prow rigging crow's nest compass Jolly Roger
Back to Top | Back to Education Curriculum